Happy Holidays! Free Fun Facts & More
Finish the Holiday Lyric
Directions: Fill in the blank word from the lyrics to popular holiday songs.
1. Santa Baby, hurry down the __________ tonight. Answer: Chimney
2. And if you ever saw it, you would even say it ___________. Answer: Glows
3. I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my ______________. Answer: Dreams
4. Dashing through the snow, in a one horse open ___________. Answer: Sleigh
5. Jingle Bells, jingle bells, jingle all the __________. Answer: Way
6. Through the years, we all will be ____________. Answer: Together
7. Walking in a winter ________. Answer: Wonderland
8. On the Twelfth Day of Christmas my ________ ________. Answer: True Love
9. Make my wish come true, all I want for Christmas is _______. Answer: You
10: Where the treetops glisten, and children _____________. Answer: Listen
Holiday Films: Did You Know???
1.When Jim Carrey played the famous Christmas villain, "The Grinch", it took three hours every day to put together his prosthetics and makeup. They were so miserable to apply that Carrey actually consulted a Navy SEAL who taught him torture-resistance techniques to deal with the pain.
2. Before Jim Carrey was given the role as "The Grinch", Jack Nicholson and Eddie Murphy for considered for the role.
3. Tim Allen was the lead in the Disney film " The Santa Clause". Disney had a no ex-con policy, but made an exception for him even though he had previously had a criminal record. The role originally was written for Bill Murray.
4. Miracle on 34th Street was a magical movie for children. Natalie Wood actually was convinced that actor Edmund Gwenn was Santa Claus. It wasn't until she saw him out of costume on set that she realized he wasn't really Santa.
5. Frosty the Snowman was a hit song before it was ever made a tv special.
6. After having a really bad trip from New York to Chicago, film writer John Hughes wrote the film script for " Planes, Trains and Automobiles."
7. Apparently the FBI was not a fan of the film "It's A Wonderful Life." In 1947, they had issued a memo saying the film was a potential "Communist infiltration of the motion picture industry," claiming that "it's rather obvious attempts to discredit bankers by casting Lionel Barrymore as a "Scrooge-type" so that he would be the most hated man in the picture. Apparently this was a common trick used by Communists according to the FBI.
8. In the film " Christmas Vacation" cousin Eddie, played by actor Randy Quaid is an eccentric character. What most people don't know is that he was based on a real person. Randy Quaid based a lot of cousin Eddie's mannerisms from a guy he knew while growing up in Texas.
1. Who played the main character, George Bailey in " It's a Wonderful Life?"
Answer: Jimmy Stewart
2. In the classic holiday song, "Frost the Snowman", what made Frosty come to life?
Answer: Magic in an old silk hat
3. What holiday beverage is also called "milk punch?"
4. What Christmas dessert is known for it's very long shelf life?
5. What is Scrooge's first name from Charles Dickens " A Christmas Carol".
6. What holiday song by the famous Bing Crosby is the best selling single ever?
Answer: White Christmas
7. What real department store on 34th street in NYC is featured in the film "Miracle on 34th Street"?
8. How many reindeer are listed in the poem "Twas the Night Before Christmas?"
Answer: Only eight. Rudolph wasn't included.
9. What delicious beverage manufacturer has been using Santa Claus in it's advertising since 1931?
Answer: The Coca-Cola Company
10. According to Austrian folklore, what horned figure punishes naughty children at Christmastime?
The Team at My Activity Resources hope you enjoyed our fun facts and videos. Be sure to check out our blogs for programming inspiration and browse our shop with pre-made calendars, trivia books and more!